One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of matching items) for husband and wife, or men and women.‘his and hers towels’
- ‘The two unique grids, his and hers, are separate but equal in their intricacy and power.’
- ‘Ten cabins share one private courtyard featuring a lap pool, Jacuzzi, his and hers steam rooms and exercise equipment.’
- ‘There are three rings to be bought - engagement plus his and hers wedding bands, again fortunately not your responsibility.’
- ‘For those who, as Holmes would later put it, find the marriage ‘ambiguous’, his and hers coffee mugs were produced.’
- ‘The master suite features his and hers sitting rooms, one of which was turned into a large closet.’
- ‘And I was passed by a French Canadian couple in matching his and hers plaid shirts.’
- ‘Mirrored his and hers arrangements stretch the length of those double sinks.’
- ‘The master bedroom, which is en suite, also features his and hers walk-in wardrobes, each with more space than a typical box room.’
- ‘There they settled in Bethlehem and established his and hers monastic houses.’
- ‘She had already won a programmable microwave oven and matching his and hers bathrobes, and was about to go for the big prize.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.