Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormal growth of hair on a woman's face and body.
- ‘Furthermore, chronic use can lead to hirsutism and gum hypertrophy.’
- ‘If a woman has irregular menses, abrupt hair loss, hirsutism, or acne recurrence, an endocrine evaluation is appropriate.’
- ‘Simultaneously, she was developing hirsutism, excessive growth of body hair.’
- ‘Combined medical interventions may be the most effective treatment approach to hirsutism.’
- ‘Obesity, acne, hirsutism, and acanthosis nigricans may be signs of polycystic ovary syndrome or diabetes mellitus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.