Abnormal growth of hair on a woman's face and body.
- ‘Furthermore, chronic use can lead to hirsutism and gum hypertrophy.’
- ‘If a woman has irregular menses, abrupt hair loss, hirsutism, or acne recurrence, an endocrine evaluation is appropriate.’
- ‘Simultaneously, she was developing hirsutism, excessive growth of body hair.’
- ‘Combined medical interventions may be the most effective treatment approach to hirsutism.’
- ‘Obesity, acne, hirsutism, and acanthosis nigricans may be signs of polycystic ovary syndrome or diabetes mellitus.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.