One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The more cursive form of kana (syllabic writing) used in Japanese, primarily used for function words and inflections.Compare with katakana
- ‘The real principle at work is that hiragana is the default, while katakana is marked.’
- ‘In modern written Japanese, kanji, hiragana, and katakana are combined.’
- ‘Japanese grammar is in an easy script, hiragana, in which each symbol is a semi syllable, as in hi-ra-ga-na.’
- ‘The main predictors of first graders’ reading speed were RAN tasks: kanji and hiragana.’
- ‘I've pretty much done the hiragana and katakana sections now, which was a major stumbling block.’
Japanese, ‘plain kana’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.