One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This group included a hippyish contingent, joined in a soothing hum.’
- ‘If blowing fruit-scented smoke rings is faintly hippyish, taking a trip through the Wadi Rum desert is full-blown bohemianism.’
- ‘It's embarrassing how many pathetic people from my UCD English class were sitting around at Marlay Park being vile and hippyish.’
- ‘Mason wishes the band had been around in the 1970s, where they would have been left alone to do their hippyish thing.’
- ‘I do like the guy, especially that he still maintains his hippyish, anarchy in the UK attitude.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.