One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of hippuric acid.
- ‘Glycine and sodium benzoate are produced upon the hydrolysis of sodium hippurate by the enzyme hippuricase.’
- ‘Hexamine hippurates is helpful for preventing and treating infections of the urinary system; it acts by being transformed to formaldehyde.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the needle-shaped forms are often confused with hippurate.’
- ‘The benzene rings of the hippurates are in ‘orientational disorder’ adopting two different orientations.’
- ‘Methenamine hippurate is an antibiotic which is used to treat and prevent urinary tract infections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.