One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a garment) reaching down to the hips.‘a hip-length jacket’
- ‘Over the drawers she put on either a hip-length knitted vest and a short petticoat or a chemise.’
- ‘By the 1930s, Pringle had formalised the design into a simple, hip-length cardigan and matching top.’
- ‘He was wearing white trainers and a hip-length jacket in thin material.’
- ‘He was wearing dark blue sports trousers, a similar coloured hip-length jacket and a blue-grey woolly hat.’
- ‘Sierra Designs pulled off a complex juggling act to produce a hip-length, multifeatured parka that tips the scales at 20 ounces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.