Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The lower part of the brainstem, comprising the cerebellum, pons, and medulla oblongata.Also called rhombencephalon
- ‘The cranial neural crest that migrates out from the rhombomeres of the dorsal region of the hindbrain also has a segmental arrangement.’
- ‘I found a spinal cord, a hindbrain, a midbrain, a forebrain, all organized in similar ways to my own nervous system.’
- ‘The ability to maintain gaze can be profoundly disturbed by damage to the brain stem or hindbrain.’
- ‘Over time the neural tube expands at one end to form an embryonic brain with constrictions marking the forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain.’
- ‘The thought of that virus wandering about in my hindbrain did not please me.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.