Relating to a hilus or hilum.
- ‘Gross examination of the abdominal and hilar lymph nodes revealed mild to moderate lymphadenopathy with a yellow, ‘spongy’ cut surface.’
- ‘Neither the hilar structures nor the renal pelvis were involved.’
- ‘In 90% of cases, it affects the lungs, presenting with hilar adenopathy or pulmonary infiltration.’
- ‘The chest x-ray showed no demonstrable superior mediastinal widening, hilar mass, lung mass or pleural effusion.’
- ‘Radiologic investigations revealed a 5-cm right lung mass with enlarged hilar and mediastinal lymph nodes.’