Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a hilus or hilum.
- ‘Gross examination of the abdominal and hilar lymph nodes revealed mild to moderate lymphadenopathy with a yellow, ‘spongy’ cut surface.’
- ‘Neither the hilar structures nor the renal pelvis were involved.’
- ‘In 90% of cases, it affects the lungs, presenting with hilar adenopathy or pulmonary infiltration.’
- ‘The chest x-ray showed no demonstrable superior mediastinal widening, hilar mass, lung mass or pleural effusion.’
- ‘Radiologic investigations revealed a 5-cm right lung mass with enlarged hilar and mediastinal lymph nodes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.