One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sturdy boot covering the ankle and having a thick, rugged sole, suitable for walking over rough terrain.‘wear good hiking boots for the occasional rocky, steep climbs’
- ‘From time to time I'd look down at the floor at our four matching hiking boots.’
- ‘I walk away cautiously, aware of the many holes in my tattered hiking boots.’
- ‘The new aerial tram takes you over the canopy of the rainforest without even have to unpack your hiking boots.’
- ‘The new director realizes that he has very big hiking boots to fill!’
- ‘You have a different pair of hiking boots for every occasion.’
- ‘All interested please bring a rope and hiking boots.’
- ‘I am now looking for a good pair of hiking boots to withstand walking on lava in Hawaii.’
- ‘Get out your hiking boots, your binoculars, your sense of awe.’
- ‘Some new hiking boots don't require weeks to break in.’
- ‘Once you return to shore, you might want to slip into your hiking boots to trace the Fundy Trail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.