One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sturdy boot covering the ankle and having a thick, rugged sole, suitable for walking over rough terrain.‘wear good hiking boots for the occasional rocky, steep climbs’
- ‘I am now looking for a good pair of hiking boots to withstand walking on lava in Hawaii.’
- ‘All interested please bring a rope and hiking boots.’
- ‘The new aerial tram takes you over the canopy of the rainforest without even have to unpack your hiking boots.’
- ‘From time to time I'd look down at the floor at our four matching hiking boots.’
- ‘The new director realizes that he has very big hiking boots to fill!’
- ‘Get out your hiking boots, your binoculars, your sense of awe.’
- ‘Some new hiking boots don't require weeks to break in.’
- ‘Once you return to shore, you might want to slip into your hiking boots to trace the Fundy Trail.’
- ‘You have a different pair of hiking boots for every occasion.’
- ‘I walk away cautiously, aware of the many holes in my tattered hiking boots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.