One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a house) built on elevated foundations.‘the houses are highset with large living areas’
- ‘The pair will accept any reasonable offer for their highset home.’
- ‘This 3-bedroom highset home is truly one of a kind.’
- ‘Under a highset house a group of people were seated in a circle.’
- ‘They lived in a highset timber house.’
- ‘A typical Goodna dwelling was a highset weatherboard house on stilts.’
- ‘The home was typically highset.’
- ‘Across the road under a highset building was the choice, we moved quickly and quietly until we were concealed in the darkness.’
- ‘My first childhood home was a highset old Queenslander on Alice Street.’
- ‘There was still water on the ground under their highset house.’
- ‘The house was much bigger than he expected, a highset timber building, painted white to reflect the heat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.