One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Anthropologist Paul Sillitoe learnt about stone tool use from Papua New Guinea highlanders in 1983.’
- ‘A smaller number of Peru's indigenous highlanders, probably about half a million, speak Aymará, the language of a tribe conquered by the Incas.’
- ‘Conversely, the highlanders had never before seen people who lived beyond their mountain valleys and plains.’
- ‘Explorers were followed by Christian missionaries intent on imposing Western political and economic practices and religious beliefs on the highlanders.’
- ‘The quantity of alcohol consumed by southern highlanders was, by all accounts, stunning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.