One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plants of relatively complex or advanced characteristics, especially vascular plants (including flowering plants).
- ‘Most higher plants possess the ability to reconstitute their vascular tissues after relatively severe wounding.’
- ‘Lignin is a characteristic chemical and morphological component of the tissue in higher plants.’
- ‘The cuticle is the major barrier against uncontrolled water loss from leaves, fruits and other primary parts of higher plants.’
- ‘In contrast to higher plants, lichens and mosses are capable of tolerating full dehydration.’
- ‘Nitrogen is one of the major growth-limiting nutrients for plants, and its source in most higher plants is nitrate taken up through roots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.