One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually treated as singular Advanced mathematics, such as number theory and topology, as taught at university level.
- ‘During the period 1892-1908 the University of Chicago was unsurpassed in America as an institution for the study of higher mathematics.’
- ‘In November 1877, Cremona was appointed to the chair of higher mathematics at the University of Rome.’
- ‘Without zero of course algebra, let alone modern higher mathematics was impossible.’
- ‘Napier did not acquire his knowledge of higher mathematics at St Andrews nor did he acquire his deep knowledge of classical literature there.’
- ‘In higher mathematics, some of the deepest surprises come about from unexpected connections between apparently quite different parts of the subject.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.