One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Scotland) the more advanced of the two main levels of the Scottish Certificate of Education.‘school-leavers with three Highers or more’
- ‘It's also the next step in your education after A2s, AS Levels, Scottish Highers or other advanced level qualifications.’
- ‘Jemma is 17 and is studying for her Highers in Aberdeen.’
- ‘The school is one of the 10% in Scotland which offer English A levels rather than Highers and there is a growing interest in this option.’
- ‘The old O-grade exam was seen as being too academic and of little relevance, unless the student planned to continue with Highers and then university education.’
- ‘Children at the school worked towards Scottish Highers, but the subjects on offer depended on the staff the school could recruit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.