One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A female high priest.‘the tomb of an important woman who may have been a high priestess’
- ‘From her Celtic features, it was easy to image her as a witch or pagan high priestess.’
- ‘Armed with this research, the high priestesses of style lay down strict guidelines before embarking on the celebrated shopping trip as the journey from fashion disaster to snappy dresser begins.’
- ‘I can still remember the high priestess of the first wiccan coven I was in, over 20 years ago, showing me how to use a sword in ritual.’
- ‘The Pagan Federation, an umbrella group which represents Druids, shamans, witches and high priestesses, is now receiving up to 1000 calls a week.’
- ‘She's been called ‘the high priestess of modern dance’ on CBS's Sunday Morning and a pop psychologist in The New Yorker.’
- 1.1 The chief female advocate or proponent of a particular belief or practice.‘the high priestesses of women's magazines’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.