One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Jewish festivals of Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashana.Also called Days of Awe
- ‘I still took off for the High Holidays and I wouldn't drive on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, but I stopped going to shul.’
- ‘It is the beginning of the month of Elul, the period of introspection leading up to the High Holidays.’
- ‘On the Jewish High Holidays we take collective responsibility for our own lives and for the activities of the community and society of which we are a part.’
- ‘My in-laws, who are amazing, usually come to London twice a year, for the High Holidays and for Pesach.’
- ‘‘We use this synagogue only for the High Holidays and special occasions,’ the rabbi said proudly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.