One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Women's shoes with tall, thin heels.
- ‘When I was living in Madrid, you only ever left the house looking immaculate - pressed suit, high heels, jewellery.’
- ‘Large numbers of Manhattan women are also reportedly trading high heels for trainers.’
- ‘She was wearing a charcoal business suit, black high heels, and glasses with thin silver frames.’
- ‘She was wearing her high heels and didn't want to make a fool of herself by missing a step and falling flat on her face in front of Jesse and everyone else.’
- ‘I wear flat shoes for walking to work but otherwise it's high heels from Dior, Jimmy Choo or Prada.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.