Financial transactions involving large sums.‘the world of high finance’
- ‘One line of defense is likely to be that while these deals may sound fraudulent to unsophisticated outsiders, they are actually standard transactions in high finance.’
- ‘The lid was lifted on the cut-throat world of high finance in America by Tom Wolfe in his 1987 satire The Bonfire of the Vanities.’
- ‘The world of high finance, it seems, is too complicated for the average punter on a jury to understand - even though the intricacies of DNA testing are deemed to be within anybody's grasp.’
- ‘When it comes to amassing a fortune, you don't have to understand high finance.’
- ‘Developers, on the other hand, have years and years of experience in the world of high finance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.