One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Financial transactions involving large sums.‘the world of high finance’
- ‘The world of high finance, it seems, is too complicated for the average punter on a jury to understand - even though the intricacies of DNA testing are deemed to be within anybody's grasp.’
- ‘When it comes to amassing a fortune, you don't have to understand high finance.’
- ‘One line of defense is likely to be that while these deals may sound fraudulent to unsophisticated outsiders, they are actually standard transactions in high finance.’
- ‘Developers, on the other hand, have years and years of experience in the world of high finance.’
- ‘The lid was lifted on the cut-throat world of high finance in America by Tom Wolfe in his 1987 satire The Bonfire of the Vanities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.