One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The reproduction of sound with little distortion, giving a result very similar to the original.as modifier ‘high-fidelity speakers’
- ‘A built-in, rechargeable lithium-polymer battery provides up to 16 hours of continuous high-fidelity music playback.’
- ‘The sound came through in high-fidelity on 24 tracks.’
- ‘One of the unique features of the new radio station is that it has done away with tapes and compact discs, using a sophisticated computer server to deliver high-fidelity sound, free from noise and signal disturbance.’
- ‘We all know that the Internet can carry high-fidelity audio, since many of us have listened to streaming audio music or radio programs using our Internet connection and PC.’
- ‘Simply connect it to the network, attach high-fidelity speakers and play.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.