One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See high commission
- ‘He has also been ambassador in Suva and high commissioner in Belmopan before coming to Zambia in the same capacity.’
- ‘Brian Barder was British ambassador to Ethiopia, Poland and Benin, and high commissioner in Nigeria and Australia.’
- ‘The two countries' high commissioners should immediately pick up the phone, and call each other, and their respective home secretaries.’
- ‘Incoming ambassadors and high commissioners from Germany, America, Sudan, Mauritius and Brazil presented the president with their credentials.’
- ‘Last night the high commissioner, who is based at India's embassy in London, arrived at 7.20 pm for a meeting with members of the Indian Workers Association.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.