One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See High Church
- ‘Anglican High Churchmen referred - sometimes enviously - to the relative autonomy of non-established Scottish episcopalianism.’
- ‘One of the clerics was John Wilkins, a consistent moderate who in perilous theological times annoyed the Puritans with his protection of Anglicans, and later upset the High Churchmen with his gentle treatment of the Dissenters.’
- ‘Nevertheless, many evangelicals and High Churchmen still clung to the literal view of Genesis because it was exegetically the soundest interpretation.’
- ‘Clergymen, including High Churchmen, were urged by Meyer in 1910 to pray for their local Baptist and Salvation Army neighbors.’
- ‘This state interference in the Anglican Church was denounced as ‘national apostasy’ by High Churchmen in England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.