One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor vehicle such as a truck that is tall in relation to its width.‘strong winds closed the Humber Bridge to high-sided vehicles’
- ‘Motorists and high-sided vehicles like lorries are asked to be aware of falling trees and power lines.’
- ‘Staff will be on hand to lift the barrier for residents who drive these high-sided vehicles.’
- ‘There is surprisingly little body roll for such a high-sided vehicle, thanks in part to a firmer suspension.’
- ‘Since 1996, the number of bridge bashes by high-sided vehicles has almost doubled to nearly 2,000 a year.’
- ‘Did you note any high-sided vehicles that may have concealed him?’
- ‘Responsible owners of high-sided vehicles are now fitting electronic detectors to their fleets to warn drivers of such hazards.’
- ‘Previous experience has shown that high-sided vehicles, towing vehicles, and caravans are prone to accidents in blustery conditions.’
- ‘According to a spokesman for the police, the problem can occur if a car is driving at a certain angle next to a high-sided vehicle.’
- ‘Gusts of up to 90 mph on Saturday caused high-sided vehicles to overturn and widespread damage to power lines serving homes across the region.’
- ‘Motorcycle riders and drivers of high-sided vehicles were particularly advised to take more care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.