One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor vehicle such as a truck that is tall in relation to its width.‘strong winds closed the Humber Bridge to high-sided vehicles’
- ‘Motorists and high-sided vehicles like lorries are asked to be aware of falling trees and power lines.’
- ‘Did you note any high-sided vehicles that may have concealed him?’
- ‘Motorcycle riders and drivers of high-sided vehicles were particularly advised to take more care.’
- ‘Since 1996, the number of bridge bashes by high-sided vehicles has almost doubled to nearly 2,000 a year.’
- ‘Responsible owners of high-sided vehicles are now fitting electronic detectors to their fleets to warn drivers of such hazards.’
- ‘Staff will be on hand to lift the barrier for residents who drive these high-sided vehicles.’
- ‘Previous experience has shown that high-sided vehicles, towing vehicles, and caravans are prone to accidents in blustery conditions.’
- ‘There is surprisingly little body roll for such a high-sided vehicle, thanks in part to a firmer suspension.’
- ‘According to a spokesman for the police, the problem can occur if a car is driving at a certain angle next to a high-sided vehicle.’
- ‘Gusts of up to 90 mph on Saturday caused high-sided vehicles to overturn and widespread damage to power lines serving homes across the region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.