One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a display or a photographic or video image) showing a large amount of detail.‘even trivial applications will require a high-resolution display’
- ‘This is expected to be the world's most advanced commercial high-resolution satellite.’
- ‘The cut scenes are absolutely gorgeous in their representation of anime spliced into a high-resolution computer graphics world.’
- ‘We are offered a full-frame image that appears to be directly lifted from a high-resolution transfer.’
- ‘The company says the unit has been designed to provide a high-quality, high-resolution picture even in rooms with plenty of light.’
- ‘It lets users download high-resolution digital images onto their PCs.’
- ‘An area with considerable potential for the music industry is high-resolution, multichannel audio.’
- ‘They recently launched a flagship high-resolution custom photo editing service on their website.’
- ‘Their high-resolution parameter controls let you fine-tune spectral balance.’
- ‘Most are approximately 8 by 10 inches with a high-resolution LCD screen.’
- ‘An upcoming ad campaign will promote this upgrade for DVD players that lets users play high-resolution video games.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.