One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See high kick
- ‘British star Catherine Zeta Jones took Best Supporting Actress prize for her high-kicking role in the musical Chicago.’
- ‘It features a dazzling array of personalities who take it in turn to belt out lead vocals, often accompanied by some exuberant, high-kicking dance steps.’
- ‘It is an exhilarating, high-kicking dance in 2/4 time.’
- ‘And now, Stephen Fung's House Of Fury comes out, an obviously throwback to the great high-kicking martial arts action/comedies that seemed to define HK cinema 10 years ago.’
- ‘The cancan, that high-kicking, exuberant dance of showgirls, originated in Le Moulin Rouge during the 1890s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.