One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a predominance of light or bright tones.
- ‘The 13 paintings on view included work from the mid '60s to the early '90s, but with their high-key color and crisp, consistent technique, all the paintings seemed freshly finished.’
- ‘His pleasant and undemanding style was marked by brilliant high-keyed colouring and vigorous brushwork, representing a kind of conservative version of Impressionism.’
- ‘Today her painting style has evolved from the classical to, now, a fusion of high-key tones, rich in saturated color and exotic still life content.’
- ‘The colors are often high-key but eschew quick optical effects for slower vibrant resonances.’
- ‘The sombre dark altarpieces of Piazzetta are the last great exemplars of Counter-Reformation religious art, while Tiepolo painted luminous and high-keyed frescoes of religious and mythological subjects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.