One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to hospital patients requiring a high level of medical treatment and supervision.‘the high-dependency unit’
- ‘Last night Mrs Dixon said she remained angry that surgery had been cancelled so many times due to a shortage of beds in the hospital's high-dependency unit.’
- ‘The bullet was removed and he's being kept in a high-dependency unit at a hospital, but his condition is not life-threatening.’
- ‘Miss Nelson had to be put on a ventilator in the high-dependency unit of the Manchester Royal Infirmary and stayed in hospital for more than three weeks.’
- ‘Our campaign aims to raise £300,000 for two high-dependency rooms on York Hospital's children's ward, equipped with state-of-the-art, life-saving technology.’
- ‘It is equipped with the latest in medical facilities, including eight high-dependency and 38 low-dependency hospital beds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.