One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to hospital patients requiring a high level of medical treatment and supervision.‘the high-dependency unit’
- ‘Our campaign aims to raise £300,000 for two high-dependency rooms on York Hospital's children's ward, equipped with state-of-the-art, life-saving technology.’
- ‘Last night Mrs Dixon said she remained angry that surgery had been cancelled so many times due to a shortage of beds in the hospital's high-dependency unit.’
- ‘It is equipped with the latest in medical facilities, including eight high-dependency and 38 low-dependency hospital beds.’
- ‘The bullet was removed and he's being kept in a high-dependency unit at a hospital, but his condition is not life-threatening.’
- ‘Miss Nelson had to be put on a ventilator in the high-dependency unit of the Manchester Royal Infirmary and stayed in hospital for more than three weeks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.