One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class of lipoproteins of relatively high density, the main function of which is to transport cholesterol from the tissues to the liver for excretion.
- ‘For instance, good cholesterol, technically called high-density lipoprotein or HDL cholesterol, is known to keep blood vessels healthy and to shield the heart.’
- ‘The beneficial effects of estrogen include lower low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and higher high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels.’
- ‘Indeed, a decrease in body weight is associated with improved blood triglycerides and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels.’
- ‘Levels of triglycerides, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and blood pressure were adjusted for age and sex.’
- ‘For years, medical research has shown that garlic favorably affects blood cholesterol and raises high-density lipoprotein levels in the blood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.