One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dull brown scavenging beetle that feeds on stored hides and dried meat and may be a serious pest of warehouses.
- ‘The darkling beetle, lesser meal worm and hide beetle invade and consume significant quantities of poultry feed.’
- ‘A new insecticide labelled for control of darkling beetles, hide beetles and flies, known as orthoboric acid, provides long residual control up to nine to twelve months or longer.’
- ‘Initially, use this product once every 2 weeks and then monthly to assure hide beetles won't return.’
- ‘The bacon beetle and the hide beetle are two larger species that can measure up to 8mm.’
- ‘Mature larvae of the hide beetle, Dermestes maculatus, have the habit of boring into various hard surfaces to pupate, usually preferring softwoods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.