One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Edward strokes the back of my hair, shushes my huge hiccupy sobs, and says, ‘Stop it.’’
- ‘‘I-I-I'm sorry-y,’ she said through a hiccupy breath.’
- ‘She was in the throws of those gaspy hiccupy breaths that come after you've had a big overblown crying session.’
- ‘She gave a hiccupy laugh, before denying that anything was wrong.’
- ‘There were a few hiccupy sounds and then Sophie shot out from behind the door.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.