One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I-I-I'm sorry-y,’ she said through a hiccupy breath.’
- ‘She gave a hiccupy laugh, before denying that anything was wrong.’
- ‘There were a few hiccupy sounds and then Sophie shot out from behind the door.’
- ‘She was in the throws of those gaspy hiccupy breaths that come after you've had a big overblown crying session.’
- ‘Edward strokes the back of my hair, shushes my huge hiccupy sobs, and says, ‘Stop it.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.