One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounStock Market
- ‘HFT makes up more than half of all US trading volume’short for high-frequency trading
- ‘The EU has less high-frequency trading (HFT) than the US.’
- ‘In HFT thousandths of a second separate profit and loss.’
- ‘In talking about the risks of HFT, he specifically cites the automatic portfolio insurance schemes that exacerbated the 1987 crash.’
- ‘The effects of HFT, which perhaps accounts for 70 per cent of US trading volumes, are ill-understood.’
- ‘With HFT you can solve these problems with one mouse click.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.