One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
as modifier Of or denoting an alkyl radical —C₆H₁₃, derived from hexane.
- ‘The activity of three formulations of MCPA, the acid form, the dimethylamine salt and the 2-ethyl hexyl ester have been investigated in several studies described herein.’
- ‘Iontophoresis of methyl-ALA and hexyl - ALA also increased the amount of prodrug delivered into the skin.’
- ‘Previous studies have shown that ALA hexyl ester is more successful than ALA for photodetection of early malignant lesions in the bladder.’
- ‘However, during a 24 h topical application of ALA methyl, ethyl, propyl or hexyl ester, no PpIX fluorescence above autofluorescence level was measured in skin outside the application area or in other organs.’
- ‘Iontophoresis of the methyl, ethyl, butyl and hexyl esters of ALA induced significantly enhanced delivery compared with that of ALA itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.