One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a valency of six.
- ‘Zinc-based materials and polymers are replacing hexavalent chromium.’
- ‘Chromium occurs in both trivalent and hexavalent (Cr VI) forms.’
- ‘There is a growing acceptance that industry will adopt trivalent chromium as an intermediate solution to the replacement of hexavalent chromium.’
- ‘More than 95 percent of leather produced in the U.S. is tanned using trivalent and/or hexavalent chromium, the latter of which is an EPA-recognized carcinogen.’
- ‘The chemicals which must be replaced by 2007 include lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium and some flame retardants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.