One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Physiologically, plant conversion or seedling development involves a transition from the heterotrophic embryo to an autotrophic plant.’
- ‘Overall, the results stress the importance of both heterotrophic and phototrophic metabolisms when considering environmental controls on the structure of bacterial communities in the sea.’
- ‘In this case, changes in photosynthetic activity enable comparisons to be made between mitochondria in autotrophic and heterotrophic tissue.’
- ‘They commonly occur as free-living, photosynthetic and marine unicells and also include endosymbiotic, parasitic, heterotrophic and freshwater taxa.’
- ‘One of the most dramatic effects of light on plant development is observed in the de-etiolation process of photomorphogenesis, when plants pass from heterotrophic to autotrophic life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.