One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These problems are not considered in press reports that simply repeat the mantra that HIV in Africa is heterosexually transmitted.’
- ‘In 2000, among young women aged 13 to 24 years, 45% of all AIDS cases reported were acquired heterosexually and 11% were acquired through injection drug use.’
- ‘The majority of the sample were heterosexually active at the time of the study, and were involved in monogamous sexual relationships with an average duration of 2.45 years.’
- ‘In particular, people who are at least in some measure attracted to both sexes may be seen as having a bisexual sexual orientation, but they may choose to behave heterosexually, homosexually, or bisexually.’
- ‘Figures released by the National Disease Surveillance Centre show that over half of the 399 new infections recorded were heterosexually acquired.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.