One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or characteristic of being sexually attracted solely to people of the opposite sex.
- ‘Because heterosexuality is socially constructed as "normal" in our culture, the wide range of sexualities possible for humans is largely ignored by many educators.’
- ‘He has always refused to proclaim an exclusive heterosexuality.’
- ‘The audience is let in on the truth about the girls' heterosexuality much earlier than Paula is.’
- ‘You said that you didn't play the character as a gay man because his heterosexuality was evident in the screenplay.’
- ‘I have a personal preference for teaching apparently "straightforward" texts, to show how their characterization and narrative are actually constructed and constrained by compulsory heterosexuality.’
- ‘She was worried that I had ditched heterosexuality and converted religions all in one week.’
- ‘She thinks we should reject historical assumptions about sex, such as heterosexuality and monogamy.’
- ‘Men should not be expected to live up to stereotypical conceptions of heterosexuality and masculinity.’
- ‘The assumption of heterosexuality has been common in almost all family theorizing until very recently.’
- ‘One interview even had her proclaiming her heterosexuality over and over again, hoping that her fans got the message.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.