One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
prejudicial, biased, prejudiced, preferential, unfair, unjust, invidious, inequitable, weighted, one-sided, partisanView synonyms
- ‘It urges doctors to rethink a range of subjects, from heterosexist bias in medical education to fertility treatments for subfertile lesbian women.’
- ‘Brooks argues that sexual minorities experience proportionally more negative life events as a result of living in a sexist, racist, and heterosexist society.’
- ‘Nationalist, racist and heterosexist chauvinism thrives on political and social grievances.’
- ‘A number of studies describe a variety of methods which focus on educating and enlightening primarily non-gay men and women, but essentially any person with homophobia or heterosexist bias.’
- ‘Heterosexuals are often unaware of their heterosexist biases; because their values and beliefs on sexual issues are those most widely held, there is a tendency to assume that they reflect the ‘natural’ order.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.