One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
prejudicial, biased, prejudiced, preferential, unfair, unjust, invidious, inequitable, weighted, one-sided, partisanView synonyms
- ‘Brooks argues that sexual minorities experience proportionally more negative life events as a result of living in a sexist, racist, and heterosexist society.’
- ‘Heterosexuals are often unaware of their heterosexist biases; because their values and beliefs on sexual issues are those most widely held, there is a tendency to assume that they reflect the ‘natural’ order.’
- ‘Nationalist, racist and heterosexist chauvinism thrives on political and social grievances.’
- ‘A number of studies describe a variety of methods which focus on educating and enlightening primarily non-gay men and women, but essentially any person with homophobia or heterosexist bias.’
- ‘It urges doctors to rethink a range of subjects, from heterosexist bias in medical education to fertility treatments for subfertile lesbian women.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.