One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In several studies, mismatches resulting in as little as 1% heterology were sufficient to significantly reduce mitotic recombination.’
- ‘Another explanation of recombination rate variation along Allium chromosomes may be the presence of sequence heterologies in the distal parts of A. roylei and A. fistulosum chromosomes.’
- ‘At the MAT locus, parental alleles in diploids differ by a heterology of 700 bp.’
- ‘Further experiments were conducted to determine whether the heterology created by the pSV2neo vector backbone in pC M1-6 C reduced the frequency of gene targeting.’
- ‘A single nucleotide heterology was shown to inhibit recombination in bacteria, in yeast, and in mammalian cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.