Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting an organic compound with a ring structure which is both heterocyclic and aromatic.
- ‘Measurements of optical third-harmonic generation have been made on novel heteroaromatic conjugated polymer thin films.’
- ‘In fact, I find it even more exciting than the Science paper because these guys are making some pretty nice heteroaromatic systems that would make any pharma medchem person wet his pants.’
- ‘Yeast OYE forms charge transfer complexes with a variety of aromatic and heteroaromatic compounds carrying an ionizable hydroxyl group.’
- ‘Working on synthesis of new amphiphiles for LB applications, the authors obtained three homologous series of heteroaromatic sulfonamides, shown below’
- ‘Aromatic and heteroaromatic rings are the heart of pharmaceutical design.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.