One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit with sectioned pulp inside a separable rind, e.g. an orange or grapefruit.
- ‘It includes notes of hesperidia with undertones of jasmine and chamomile blossom over a soft musk base note.’
- ‘Touch Of Sun is a phenomenal scent includes the mixture of bergamot, rose, jasmine, peony, hesperidia, vetiver, sandalwood, musk, and amber.’
- ‘In citrus hesperidia, the creasing of albedo appears to be strictly related to a decrease of cell wall pectins beyond a critical level.’
- ‘In the hesperidium, the layer of endocarp lining the outside of the locule grow as hairs that project into the locule.’
- ‘A hesperidium fruit is a fleshy fruit or berry with a tough, leathery skin.’
Mid 19th century: based on Hesperideae, former name of an order of plants containing citrus fruits, named after the golden apples of the Hesperides (see Hesperides) + -ium.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.