One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a tentative or unsure manner.‘he speaks hesitantly and his voice is shaky’‘a young guard hesitantly stepped into the room’
- ‘She hesitantly stepped up, and once she knew the bridge would hold her weight, slowly walked across.’
- ‘When we last see her, she has hesitantly embarked on a career in television.’
- ‘She smiled hesitantly and took another small step forward.’
- ‘He asks her for help and hesitantly she agrees.’
- ‘I remember the warm, encouraging reception I had from the Director of the Foundation, when I hesitantly approached him to inquire about the Foundation's possible support.’
- ‘Vincent backed away uneasily and nodded hesitantly.’
- ‘About one month before the show, I hesitantly called the Box Office to ask how ticket sales were going.’
- ‘She paused at the wooden door and knocked hesitantly.’
- ‘The boy entered the cottage slowly, glancing hesitantly around the main room.’
- ‘He hesitantly embarks on a perilous adventure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.