One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- former term for radio wave
- ‘Marconi had a neighbour, Professor Augusto Righi, who had been experimenting on Hertzian waves and who encouraged him.’
- ‘Gugliemo Marconi filed the first patent for communication using Hertzian waves in 1896.’
- ‘We represent the longitudinal scalar wave as a horizontal vector, and the usual Hertzian wave as a vertical or ‘transverse’ vector.’
- ‘In Farrow's explanation, he said that the dynamo acted to ‘intensify the vertical component’ of the Hertzian waves which it generated.’
- ‘The young man's imagination was stirred by the account given of Hertz's work, and the idea occurred to him that Hertzian waves might be used in communication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.