One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reptile or amphibian.as modifier ‘herptile shops’
- ‘Proper heat can also determine if your herptile will eat and if they will digest the foods they eat.’
- ‘After a thorough exam, the herptile abdomen is opened for inspection of the internal organs.’
- ‘I must confess to a lifelong fascination with ‘herptiles,’ snakes especially.’
- ‘The first phase of the project involves a survey to determine what alien herptile species are currently present in South Africa.’
- ‘Students will locate herptiles by sight or sound, analyze their characteristics, and classify them.’
- ‘Because of modern equipment we are able to mimic the natural environment of herptiles quite accurately.’
- ‘For the state of South Dakota, the only historical data on herptile occurrence were compiled by Over.’
- ‘Loeffler cautions that taking a native herptile from the wild as a pet is a serious enterprise.’
- ‘Advantages and disadvantages of use of herptiles as indicators are shown in Appendix A.’
- ‘Seventy-two herptile species inhabit the state, 17 of which are listed as Endangered or Threatened.’
- ‘Provide information and technical assistance to members in the area of herptile species management.’
- ‘While captive herptiles are not preyed upon, their natural instinct is to hide when they feel threatened.’
Blend of herpetology and reptile.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.