Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of DNA viruses causing herpes and other diseases.
- ‘Previous studies have demonstrated that coinfection with herpesviruses can modulate HIV - 1 replication.’
- ‘Epstein-Barr virus is one of 8 known human herpesviruses.’
- ‘The mechanism of transmitting human herpesvirus 8, the herpesvirus associated with Kaposi's sarcoma, is not known.’
- ‘All tissues were examined for the presence of viral inclusions characteristic of cytomegalovirus and herpesvirus.’
- ‘Although many people associate the word herpes with genital herpes, the herpesvirus family is made up of nearly 100 kinds of viruses, eight of which cause disease in humans.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.