Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of DNA viruses causing herpes and other diseases.
- ‘Epstein-Barr virus is one of 8 known human herpesviruses.’
- ‘All tissues were examined for the presence of viral inclusions characteristic of cytomegalovirus and herpesvirus.’
- ‘Previous studies have demonstrated that coinfection with herpesviruses can modulate HIV - 1 replication.’
- ‘Although many people associate the word herpes with genital herpes, the herpesvirus family is made up of nearly 100 kinds of viruses, eight of which cause disease in humans.’
- ‘The mechanism of transmitting human herpesvirus 8, the herpesvirus associated with Kaposi's sarcoma, is not known.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.