One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See hero worship
- ‘They are hero-worshippers that follow the impressive older animals about, in the process learning the locations of the seasonal grazing areas they use.’
- ‘A self-confessed hero-worshipper, he adroitly patched into a network of national self-regard and milked it for all it was worth.’
- ‘Rather than hiding its successful people, the new hero-worshippers asserted, Australia needed to promote them as the role-models for a younger generation of achievers.’
- ‘Yes, all heroic exaltation is dangerous, but the danger is not to the hero-worshipers, but to the hero.’
- ‘And courtesy Bhandarkar, a nation of hero-worshippers got a peek into the life of their icons, but what they saw were only feet of clay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.