One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See hero worship
- ‘A self-confessed hero-worshipper, he adroitly patched into a network of national self-regard and milked it for all it was worth.’
- ‘And courtesy Bhandarkar, a nation of hero-worshippers got a peek into the life of their icons, but what they saw were only feet of clay.’
- ‘Yes, all heroic exaltation is dangerous, but the danger is not to the hero-worshipers, but to the hero.’
- ‘They are hero-worshippers that follow the impressive older animals about, in the process learning the locations of the seasonal grazing areas they use.’
- ‘Rather than hiding its successful people, the new hero-worshippers asserted, Australia needed to promote them as the role-models for a younger generation of achievers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.