One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then all living creatures, including man, which had been hermaphroditical, were separated, the males being set apart by themselves and the females likewise, according to the dictates of Reason.’
- ‘The flowers of Zamioculcas are morphologically hermaphroditical, but physiologically unisexual.’
- ‘So the genetic information that determines a snail shell's coiling direction can not be found in the snail's own cells, but in those of the mother animal - in the case of the hermaphroditical land snails the snail the egg cell was from.’
- ‘The situation is better than it has been years ago but some fish species do not bear it very well - for instance, in Tichá Orlice the scientists found hermaphroditical trout.’
- ‘There was a period of transition of age in the last century in which Maia, a kind of hermaphroditical elf native from a Latin small village, used to guide his followers to the entrance of Magnanapoli Street, close to Ulpia restaurant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.