One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The expression of a serotype is clonally transmitted, which means that once a change in serotype is effected, it is heritably transmitted to progeny and serotypes can reproduce stably for many generations.’
- ‘Paramutation describes a process whereby expression of one allele is heritably altered by another.’
- ‘It has been previously reported that the suppression-of-variegation activity of a Y chromosome may be heritably modified in a particular genetic background.’
- ‘Epigenetic regulatory mechanisms heritably alter patterns of gene expression without changes in DNA sequence.’
- ‘One section of a species may be heritably equipped to reproduce in one extreme part of its range, and another section differently equipped to deal with another extreme part of the range.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.