One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
After or as a result of this.
- ‘The Wanderers of other sects hereupon reverently saluted the Lord from afar, and went off on their way.’
- ‘I'm hereupon to be known as the only player dealt at the 2000 NBA trading deadline.’
- ‘Hooker confessed, ‘For my owne part I dare not hereupon deny the possibility of their salvation… ’.’
- ‘And hereupon she began to guess, mentioning many names of young men in the village, and asked whether he was that one or that one.’
- ‘Presently hereupon Huntly returned into the North, and left Captain John Gordon at Inverkeithing until he recovered of his wound.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.