Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
After or as a result of this.
- ‘Hooker confessed, ‘For my owne part I dare not hereupon deny the possibility of their salvation… ’.’
- ‘The Wanderers of other sects hereupon reverently saluted the Lord from afar, and went off on their way.’
- ‘Presently hereupon Huntly returned into the North, and left Captain John Gordon at Inverkeithing until he recovered of his wound.’
- ‘I'm hereupon to be known as the only player dealt at the 2000 NBA trading deadline.’
- ‘And hereupon she began to guess, mentioning many names of young men in the village, and asked whether he was that one or that one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.