Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
To this document.‘signed in the presence of us both who have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses’
- ‘In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the seal of the City of St. Louis, this 11 th day of September, A.D.2005.’
- ‘In acknowledgment whereof I have hereunto affixed my signature.’
- ‘In witness whereof the hand and seal of the landlord and of the tenant have been hereunto set the day and year first above-written.’
- ‘IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and seal at Wilmington, Delaware, this October 17, 1996.’
- ‘IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned Bemar Construction Ltd. has hereunto affixed its corporate seal duly attested under the hand of its proper signing officer authorized in that regard this 10th day of October, 1990.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.