Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1As provided for under the terms of this document.‘all expenses incurred hereunder by the bank shall be recoverable’
- ‘General Third Party Liabilities including Contractual Liability, it being understood and agreed that coverage hereunder in this respect shall be in accordance with the following.’
- ‘Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay in or failure to perform its obligations hereunder (other than a payment of money) provided that such delay or failure is due to causes beyond its reasonable control.’
- ‘The provisions hereunder apply in relation to bulls, whether registered pedigree bulls or otherwise, which are offered for sale or sold for breeding purposes.’
- ‘However, Capt Amarinder Singh had also made it clear that Act also envisaged termination of all other agreements relating to Ravi-Beas waters and to discharge Punjab government from the obligations hereunder.’
- ‘Recovery for any loss hereunder shall be determined as follows.’
- ‘Csusa owns and retains all right, title and interest in and to the Logo and all intellectual property rights therein, subject only to the limited license granted hereunder.’
- ‘The Owner agrees to indemnify and save the Contractor harmless of and from any and all losses as defined herein resulting from the breach of the Owner's obligations hereunder.’
- ‘This agreement shall be construed and interpreted pursuant to laws of England and the parties hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England in connection with any dispute arising hereunder.’
- ‘For the avoidance of doubt, disputes arising hereunder shall be determined by the laws of my personal taste, not by common sense or the light of experience.’
- ‘Neither the Owners nor the Crew Managers shall be under any liability for any failure to perform any of their obligations hereunder by reason of any cause whatsoever of any nature or kind beyond their reasonable control.’
- ‘Civil unions for same sex couples are established hereunder and shall provide entirely the same benefits, protections, rights, and responsibilities that are afforded to couples married under Massachusetts law.’
- ‘The Bank may terminate the Line of Credit upon re-evaluation of the Client's financial situation or if the Client becomes insolvent or does not fulfill his obligations to the Bank hereunder or otherwise.’
- ‘Following on from your facsimile dated 18 June, I am pleased to confirm that LDG have noted the contents therein and we can confirm that there have been no losses advised to date that would affect any of the declarations ceded hereunder.’
- ‘The Company shall be entitled to assign the benefit of this Deed and the rights and remedies available to it hereunder to any person to whom it shall also assign the benefit of the Agreement.’
- ‘Omission however by the Company to notify any claim or occurrence which at the outset did not appear to be serious but which at a later date threatened to involve the Company shall not prejudice their right of recovery hereunder.’
- ‘16.3 The lender may at any time assign transfer or offer participations in all or a proportion of all its rights and obligations hereunder to any other bank or financial institution and for this purpose.’
- ‘Except as provided in subsection 4.4, neither party shall use or authorise others to use their respective Marks on or in connection wit the other party's exclusive field of use hereunder.’
- ‘It is expressly understood that the work to be carried out by the Contractor hereunder is as described herein.’
- ‘‘Transferee’ means a bank or other financial institution to which a Bank seeks to transfer all or a part of such Bank's rights and obligations hereunder in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.’
- ‘In the event that the Mortgagor is successful in the claim referred to in the agreement then no interest is payable hereunder so long as the mortgagor complies with the terms of the agreement.’
- 1.1Further on in a document.‘the Corporation shall not be liable to pay the first part (Excess) as shown hereunder of any amount otherwise payable’
- ‘Some rules in this respect are mentioned hereunder.’
- ‘No response was received from either Master Beaudoin or counsel for CPC save for what immediately follows hereunder.’
- ‘Contractor shall make such changes to the Work whether by additions, modifications or omissions thereto as from time to time and at any time instructed by Amoco subject to the provisions hereunder.’
- ‘Go through my little thinking as listed pointwise hereunder and lend your name on this board in support of my little effort.’
- ‘In witness whereof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cape Codd, the 11th of November in the year of the raigne of our Soveraigne Lord King James of England, France and Ireland the eighteenth and of Scotland the fiftie fourth.’
- ‘I set out hereunder a brief extract from this interview, which I will continue next week.’
- ‘With his permission it is reproduced hereunder.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.