One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Said to indicate that the same events, typically undesirable ones, are recurring.
- ‘Oh, here we go again with that Spider-man thingy; you need to get over that, Jocelyn.’
- ‘‘I just thought here we go again,’ smiled Preece after his side's draw.’
- ‘Megan felt the tension build, and thought, here we go again.’
- ‘After the moderator asked if you were certain you could get a bank loan whenever you wanted, Cairns thought, ‘Oh my God, here we go again,’ and took yet another step forward.’
- ‘Now, the problem is that when I first watched this show, I was thinking to myself, ‘Oh no, here we go again, another narcissistic reality show.’’
- ‘When we went 3-0 down on 16 minutes we all looked around and at first were thinking here we go again because we had not beaten Sheffield all season.’
- ‘Just when you thought it was safe, and boring, to go anywhere near Place-des-Arts metro, here we go again.’
- ‘I felt my heart race. ‘Oh god, here we go again’, I was thinking.’
- ‘Maybe he was thinking: Christ, here we go again.’
- ‘She wasn't drunk, they spiked her drinks and when we told the bouncers you could tell they were thinking here we go again, another one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.